CODE OF CONDUCT
Acorns Community Pre-School is a place that promotes respect and responsibility in a safe learning environment. All children, parents and staff have the right to be safe and feel safe in their pre-school community.
This Code of Conduct applies to all individuals in the pre-school community.
Children are to be treated with respect and dignity. See section Acorns Golden Rules:
Parents play an important role in the early education of their children and have a responsibility to support the efforts of pre-school in maintaining a respectful learning environment for all. Parents fulfil this responsibility when they:
- Show an active interest in their child’s work and progress.
- Communicate regularly with pre-school.
- Encourage and assist their child to follow the pre-school Golden rules.
- Working together with pre-school staff in dealing with any behaviour issues.
Supervisors under the direction of the management team take a leadership role in the daily running of the pre-school. They provide this leadership by:
- Demonstrating care and commitment to a safe learning environment.
- Hold everyone under their authority accountable for their behaviour and actions.
- Communicate regularly and meaningfully with all member of the pre-school community.
Staff, under the leadership of the supervisors, are expected to maintain a high standard of respect and responsible behaviour within pre-school. All staff are good role models and understand their position of trust with the community. They uphold these high standards when they
- Help children to develop their self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Communicate regularly and meaningfully with parents.
- Maintain consistent standards of behaviour following pre-school guidelines and policies.
- Demonstrate respect for all within the pre-school community
- Listen and support children and understand their individual needs
- Adhere to confidentiality guidelines and maintain appropriate professional boundaries
- Ensure that safeguarding of children in their care underpins everything they do
Management Team provides direction for the pre-school by:
- Providing accommodation, equipment and an early years curriculum,
- Employing and training staff
- Processing admissions and administering finances
- Holding meetings relevant to managing the pre-school and fundraising
- Working in partnership with parents, and liaising with other professionals and organisations.
- Developing policies that set out how the pre-school will implement and follow the Code of Conduct and, if needed, an effective intervention strategy is in place.
- Ensuring that all members of the pre-school community are aware of the Code of Conduct in a manner that ensures their commitment and support.
All school members must:
Demonstrate honesty and integrity.
- Respect differences in people, their ideas and opinions.
- Treat one another with dignity and respect at all times.
- Respect and treat others fairly, regardless of their colour, ethnicity, religion, social background, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
- Respect the rights of others.
- Show proper care of pre-school property and the property of others.
- Take appropriate measures to help those in need.
The ultimate golden rule is that all of us within the pre-school community treat each other as we would wish to be treated – with consideration, kindness and respect.