Acorns Community Pre-school was established in Totton in 1987. Over the last 30 years we have supported several generations of local families, growing and changing along the way.
We work hard to make sure that our equipment is maintained and replaced regularly, and we are always looking in to new ways that we can improve the setting.
The ultimate golden rule is that all of us within the pre-school community treat each other as we would wish to be treated – with consideration, kindness and respect.
All of our staff see themselves as partners with you in providing care and education for your child. As a community (staff, parents and children) we all take part in making Acorns a welcoming and stimulating place for your child to come to.
Our high ratio of staff to children means that we can give individual care and attention to all of our children. This is the best way to make sure that we are guiding each child to develop at the rate that’s right for them. It also means that each child develops a strong relationship with the staff – especially with their keyperson who is responsible for getting to know them and making sure that the environment supports their needs.
All of the children at Acorns are to be treated with respect and dignity. In return we encourage our children to follow the school’s golden rules:
- Being kind
- Taking turns
- Being polite
- Use equipment safely
- Show respect for other children’s space when playing
We aim to:
- Provide high quality care and education for all children
- Work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop
- Add to the life and well-being of the local community
- Offer children and their parents a service that promotes equality and that values diversity
- A broad and balanced curriculum for your child that supports them towards their early learning goals
- Individual care and attention
- Fun and friendship with children and other adults
- Support of a personal key person
- The chance for families and carers to form good relationships with those involved with your child’s learning and development
- An inclusive environment for children with special needs